[DMCForum] a pledge...

This was borrowed from: http://www.instapundit.com/

TAKE THE PLEDGE no matter who wins:

I will not proclaim that the president is incompetent for failing to
magically resolve some tough geopolitical situation, such as North Korea's
nukes or the Israel/Palestine problem, unless I can propose something with
stronger logic to recommend it than the fact that the president isn't doing
it right now.

I will not obsess about trivial details of the president's demeanor, speech
patterns, or long-past personal history.

I will not secretly hope that he fails at important goals so that I can
elect someone from the other party four years hence.

I will not pretend that the president's budget is better, or worse, than it
is, which is to say terrible.

I will not attribute magical powers to the president to heal the economy,
large-scale social problems, or the growing rift between my
boyfriend/girlfriend and myself on the matter of green vegetables. I will
neither praise the president for improvement in these situations, nor
criticize him for failing to mend them.

I will not point out all the bad news, or all the good news, while hoping no
one notices the other sort.

I will not ruthlessly make fun of the president's verbal tics, extravagant
promises, and useless programs.

I will not use my one semester of Psych 101 to make speculative diagnoses of
mental disease or defect in the president.

I will assume, until proven otherwise, that the president, like most
politicians, is making stupid laws because he wants to appease key interest
groups (a.k.a. The American People), not because He Is Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

I will not write long, stupid posts on how the man I voted for, and his
party, are wonderful people--intelligent, sensitive, and
well-informed--while the other party, and its voters, are a bunch of moronic
thugs who want only to Destroy a Once Great Nation. Nor will I deliver such
rants in person.

I will not write anything containing the sentence "The administration has
hit a new low . . . "

click here