[DMCForum] Welcome to NJ, now go home!

--- Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Do you know IPSEC VPNs (primarily Cisco)?  I can see
> if it's still open.  I
> thought you were a coder?

I have done a lot of work with Sonic Wall..  Some work
with Cisco..

Not a coder (anymore).  Been doing SA work for 10
years now.

> I have been -through- NJ, but never had to get out
> of my car.  You have some
> strange rule about full service stations only, so I
> never had to get out of
> my car when I stopped.

Yea, that law does SUCK.  It has something to do with
a deal NJ made with the refineries years ago..  It is
to keep the price at the pump higher than they would
be otherwise.  What is worse, people who grow up in NJ
dont know how to pump gas!

> And I went through Hoboken once and my way to PJ
> Grady thanks to mapquest
> not telling me one of the tunnels was EZPass only,
> and it looked strangely
> like the old "Escape from New York" movie.  There
> were actually stripped out
> cars on the street and burning barrels of garbage on
> the sidewalks...
> <shudder>

TUNNEL?  Oy!  For some reason, those map sites take
you through Manhattan.  BIG mistake.. Either go
through Staten Island (you know, the garbage dump for
the rest of NYC), or take the GWB.

> Besides... I lived with too many NJ people in
> college to ever want to go
> there.

I guess it is just what your used to..  I like NJ.

If you decide to take the job, (or are in NJ for any
other reason) let me know..  I will show you some of
the better features.