Re: [DMCForum] Fw: Very interesting testimony, you must see thisvideo.

Re: [DMCForum] Fw: Very interesting testimony, you must see thisvideo.

I agree with Marc.,  the US simplistically thought they could just go
into Iraq and have a cheap source of 3,000,000 bpd of oil

Well, the British tried that in the 20s and it didn't work then either.

Further, being schooled in the US, one really does not appreciate the
complexity of the ethnic groups and governments in foreign countries.

Trying to put this in simple terms  when Reagan met with Gorbechov.
Reagan complained about trying to manage differences between,. blacks,
whites, catholics and protestants.

Gorbechov busted out laughing.   "In Russia, I have over 1000 different
ethnic groups and religions.  You really don't know what managing
differing people is all about!!"

Reagan did not have a come back for  this.  He just laughed.    But
Gorbechov was absolutely right.  Societies in central asia are extremely
complex, with many differing ethnic groups and religions.

Look at what happened to Lebanon with the Muslims ,Christians,
catholics, etc.

Look at what happened in Yugoslavia with the Muslims, bosnians, croats,
etc.

Iraq is similar with the Baths, Shiites, Kurds. etc.

All of these groups,  in all of these countries, really dislike each
other and unfortunately are prone to killing and war.

Iraq was too unstable to be any threat.   Now look at it,  the Shiite
fundamentalist religious extremists will win the election in January
simple due to therir numbers.
AND GUESS WHO HATES THE US MORE?  The Baths tolerated the US.  The
SHIITES HATE US, BECAUSE BUSH ! gave Sudam the permission to attack the
Shiites after the gulf war (using helicopters in the no fly zones)
thousands were killed with US permission.

Even Bushie has now admitted the US would "Accept" a fundamentalist
government in Iraq if that is what the election showed.  WE WILL BE
WORSE OF AFTER THAT ELECTION.  At least Sadum kept these radicals under
control.

AND IF YOU ARE FOOLISH enough to believe that we can kill all of them.
There are about 10,000,000. of them in Iraq.  I don't think the US was
to commit another mass genocide like it did to the american indians.!

BOB

click here