Re: [DMCForum] Re: Why I Own and Drive a DeLorean

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Why I Own and Drive a DeLorean

Ryan,

I was confused by this same question.  I can get a flat laminated
windshield cut to size, but not side window glass.

According to a number of glass shops it has to do with the plastic
lamination layer which is not present in side window glass.  The glass
layers are much thinner and less subject to stress crack expansion
during cutting (but it still can happen)

The other problem is if you heat the glass to curve it, it will loose
its tempering (stressing) and will no longer be safety glass.

BOB

click here