From: Joseph Hirko [mailto:jhirkojr@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 3:29 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Vacation Time

     As much as I'd like to continue a daily dialogue
with the "Forum", I am leaving within a couple of
hours on an elk hunting trip.  Yes, annually I track
down & kill a deer and an elk.  If I am fortunate
enough to get within range of a legal animal, that is.
I also go after ducks, geese, pheasants & grouse.
Let the flames begin...
     I grew up in Western Pennsylvania where the
hunting was a great part of my heritage.  I have
hunted for about 55 years, and consider my experiences
afield a major part of my life experiences.  Damn sure
saved my life while on active duty 1958 - 1969,
several times over.
     Anyway, I'll be absent from this forum for a
couple of weeks, but when I return, I'll jump back
into the fray.  For any of you that might be tempted
to track down my home address, be advised that my
owner of 42 years has a permit to carry, and she does,
and the house has a loaded firearm easily accessable
almost everywhere, and Mindy the Rottweiler WILL
protect any of us that knows the magic word.  Believe
me, she can DO it.  She meaning both my owner & Mindy.
     So, elkies, here I come.  Heading through Yakima
thence onward to Tampico & the South Fork of the
Ahtanum.

Hirko
VIN 1387
WAWAZAT