Re: [DMCForum] OH, I forgot the UN

Joe,

I really like your questions.  They are challenging and interesting.

UN funding is based on a percent of GDP.   All countries are paid up on
their percentages EXCEPT FOR THE US.  We always do our FAIR SHARE... NOT!

Don't forget which country goes over to third world countries and takes
their oil, tin, magnesium,  and cheap labor to make for profit and
increase our GDP.  A fair turn considering where the US gets most of its
money from natural resource depletion.  YES, THE US CONSUMES 25% of all
of the world resources.,  GEE, giving back our fair share should be the
RIGHT thing to do.

You should read the book "Addicted to War" It provides the best summary
of the US military action I  have ever read.

  It had to be printed in Canada.  No US publisher would touch it.  The
same thing about the book on what really happened in Florida in 2000. It
had to be printed in England because no US publisher would touch it
either. So much for a free press.   (This book. was a best seller in
Europe for over 6 weeks.).

Unfortunately,   in the US we almost never hear about all the good
things the UN does.  IT is really to bad.

What disease have they remedied?  Small Pox!  Actually small pox vaccine
was first developed in Europe well over 100 years ago.  They used CoW
pox to vaccinate again the disease going back to the late 1700s .  After
realizing the women who milked cows (milk maidens) did not get small pox.

What genocide(without US) have they remedied? Who do you think has been
raising the issue of Sudan. Bosnia? OH YES Didn't the US mistaken BOMB a
drug plant in Sudan a few years ago.  THAT DID A LOT OF GOOD.

What hunger have they remedied? You really need to read some public
health journal about the world hunger program.

What war have they stopped? Well, YOU DO REMEMBER THE CUBAN MISSAL
CRISIS.?  DON't YOU.  YOU REMEMBER THE US MAKING ITS CASE AGAINST CUBA
IN THE UN?  THE US WAS READY TO NUKE THE USSR BACK THEN.  I WOULD SAY
THAT THE UN STOPPED WWIII.

OF COURSE YOU DO RECALL THE SECRET AGREEMENT BETWEEN KENNEDY AND RUSSIA
THAT THE US WOULD REMOVE THE MISSILES IT HAD ALREADY INSTALLED 30 MILES
FROM THE USSR IN TURKEY.  WELL, OF COURSE, THE US GOVERNMENT NEVER TOLD
US THAT WE HAD NUCLEAR MISSILES CLOSER TO RUSSIA THAN THEY DID TO THE US
90 MILES VERSES 30 MILES.

HISTORY IS AN INTERESTING SUBJECT, INDEED!!!

NOT RIGHT, NOT LEFT,  JUST THE FACTS.

BOB

click here