Re: [DMCForum] Re: unions and abestos

Mike,

It seems like a few people misread my first article on asbestos.

I agree with you that boiler makers and a lot of other people exposure
to long term high level exposure have died from asbestos related
disease.  (The exact total is a little over 6,000 according to the
latest CDC data posted last week).    AS I SAID, insulation workers (aka
boiler makers, plumbers, spray on insulation and acoustical plaster,
etc)  had very high long term exposures and did develop asbestos related
disease.
My discussion  deals with school children and the dis information that
asbestos exposure  in grades K-12 ever  caused any asbestos disease  in
childern attending their schools.  There is simple no evidence any where
in the world to support the schools asbestos regulations. AHERA and ASHERA

Please don't think I am not concerned about boiler makers, insulation
workers ( We train Local 17 on asbestos and I have known 3 pipe fitters
who have died from asbestos.)

Just like the rest of the world, there are Occupational Safety and
Health regulations that  protect these workers if t h ey are followed  A
lack of following safety regulations is one of the reasons so many
people die from occupational diseases. (Japan which is far more
manufacturing intensive than the US has 1/10 the rate of industrial
accidents that the US has. because they believe that protecting their
workers is the right thing to do.)

IT IS THE AHERA and ASHERA school regulations that are not based in
science that I have a problem with because they waste billions of dollars..

BOB

click here