[DMCForum] practical siphoning advice

This isn't D related, but at least it's car related.
I could use some practical advice from you guys.  On my truck I
have two tanks, but unfortnately the one that is filled with 25 gal of
diesel has a fuel feed problem that I don't want to deal with (i.e.
spend $$ on) right now.  I can't run a straight siphon to the other
tank because it's at the same level and it seems like a lot of work to
siphon 5 gal at a time into a Gerry can.  Any good ideas how to get
fuel from one tank to the other?  Electric pump?  Would that cost me
more than 25 gal of diesel is worth?  Even thought of parking the
truck on a steep hill but it's pretty flat down here in the valley.

any creative ideas appreciated.......................LP

click here