Re: [DMCForum] Dubya

> If you don't correctly pronounce the words of your
language then that is lazy, or more correctly, a lazy
tongue.

Yeah Greg, but that Bahstonian accent is just as lazy only
in a different way.  I had a girlfriend describing cahn as a
food.  I had no idea what she was talking about until she
said, "You know, like cahn on the cahb and you put butta on
it."  And I said, "Oh, you mean CORN!"  And she said, "Yeah,
that's what I just said, cahn."  I finally made her say,
"Four quarters for a dollar."  And she thought it was too
much effort to say it that way and that, "Fah quattas fah a
dollah" actually sounded better. [much text deleted about
how we dumped each other]

> Even though I have lived in the south for most of my life
people all over
the US often ask me where I am from because I have no
accent.

Yeah, right.  As a child I always wondered why only
foreigners had accents.  But I still wonder as a child.

> Just me chiming in with something  totally unrelated as an
excuse
to say Hi to y'all

Hi Lauren!  I think I put equal accent on the first two
syllables.  ap' lick' able.

> I should have used the word dialect in place of accent,
but either of your
pronunciations would be correct.

Is that 'either' with an 'I' or an 'E'?  Or is it neither
(with an... oh never mind.)

Walt

click here