From: Walter Coe [mailto:Whalt@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 8:40 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

Hey it works!  That is the smoothest/easiest shifting
DeLorean I have driven.  NAPA charged $35 to resurface the
fly wheel.  They drove the pins out to do it.  I hear that
some places wont go to the trouble.  The clutch fluid
reservoir really needs to be cleaned out.  It had been about
4 years, so it was full of gunk.  But considering it was
1AM, I didn't want to risk having to stay up later.

The clutch fork had the spring clip broken, but I think the
only reason for it is to make sure the fork stays in place
while factory workers bump it around.  If I were doing one
again, I would break the thing off to make sure it doesn't
fall off later & cause trouble.  I put a dab of brake
caliper grease on the ball/fulcrum and on the pin connection
for the slave cylinder.  That was as dry as a popcorn fart
and was already kinda worn.

While we were test driving the car & running errands, I
really freaked Jim out by roll starting the car.  Suddenly
the car was running, and he was worried because he didn't
hear me crank it.  There is no sense in wasting the starter
when you can roll down a hill.  :-)

Walt    Tampa, Florida

click here