Re: [DMCForum] Re: OT: Chris Reeve

> I finally got my Bush campaign call
yesteray.

I have been getting many such calls lately.  The give-away
is when the caller ID doesnt show a number.  I answer
saying, "I think you have the wrong number."  Then when they
try to start their pitch, I say, "Yep, you definitely have
the wrong number."  They get so incensed!

Depending on my mood I might ask, "Are you a recording?" or,
"Is this a prank call?  I dont believe you.  This is a
prank."  Sometimes I start off on a monologue not even
giving them the chance to say anything.  Sometimes I just
start answering with chimp noises until they question
whether they have an intelligent life form on the line.  I
suppose maybe they dont. ;-)

> as long as the
country doesn't fall into Civil War over Liberal vs
Republican.

But Liberal vs Republican are basically different sides of
the same coin.  Toss the coin and vote for real freedom from
the redistribution-of-money Robin Hood mentality that
everyone has come to expect from 'the' government.  I
emphasize 'the' government because it is no longer 'our'
government.  Vote Libertarian!

> Politics aren't worth losing any friends over, as we
really have no
MAJOR impact on any of this stuff.

That is because the election process is flawed.  According
to the popular vote, Bush lost the last election.  People
are reluctant to vote for minority parties because they only
get one vote which they dont want to waste.  If we reform
the electoral process, big changes are possible.  Not only
should you be able to vote for who you want, but you should
also be able to vote against who you dont want.  Otherwise
we are stuck with a two-party system.  Flip the coin.  Which
side of it do you want?  The coin is a wooden nickel that
you cant get rid of.

Obviously I have had plenty of caffeine this morning. :-)

Walt

click here