From: Marc Levy [mailto:malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2004 8:17 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Quality of Information on the DML.

Mr. checksix3 (Gary, I think it was?),

On an irregular basis, I see you post messages like
this to both the DML and DMCForum.

In many cases, I agree that there is a good amount of
misinformation being tossed around.  However, It is
unclear to me why you find it necessary to post a
message simply saying that the information is
incorrect with out including what you believe to be
correct information.  While I am at it, I further
suggest that you educate in terms that the average
shade tree mechanic can understand.

If you have the correct information, please share it
with us.  While there are a few who are members of
this list for the sole purpose of promoting something
they are trying to sell, the majority of us are here
to learn, and share knowledge.

Marc

--- checksix3 <jetjock11@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>

> I'm continually amazed at the massive amounts of
> misinformation
> offered up on this list by supposedly knowledgeable
> people. They may
> know the car but when they try to go beyond the
> mechanic stage they
> don't fare very well. From what I've seen there are
> only a few (very
> few) here who're able to do it and then only in
> specific disciplines.
> The rest always end up spouting nonsense, to the
> detriment of those
> seeking the truth.
<SNIP>

click here