[DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

[DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

Walt - I would personally recommend a complete clutch while "in it"
that far.  If the T/O bearing is going, the rest of it probably isn't
that far behind.  I dropped the transmission out when I did my
clutch.  With a decent tranny jack, it's really not that bad.  The
challenge is to get the car up in the air far enough, which only
requires good jacks and jack stands.  A local club member is in a
similar place with his car ... the T/O bearing is getting noisy, and
he knows that the disk would be next if not replaced now.  He has
asked me and another member to do the work for him.  BTW - we now
carry complete clutch kits by Sachs, so you now have another choice
for excellent quality clutches (bold commercial plug for DPNW).

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> I am getting ready to replace a throw-out bearing on
> someone's DeLorean.  Is it better to pull the engine/tranny
> together or drop the tranny from underneath leaving the
> engine alone?  What do all of you recommend?  I dont have a
> tranny jack but could end up buying one.  My preference is
> to pull the engine, but the owner would rather not get that
> far into it.  I have a decent floor jack & an engine cherry
> picker.
>
> Also what parts should I have on hand?  What things are
> likely to break or should be replaced?
>
> Walt

click here