Re: [DMCForum] front speaker madness (was radio upgrade DML)

Re: [DMCForum] front speaker madness (was radio upgrade DML)

Walt,

Speaking specifically about the punch speakers in the
front, as purchaced, they have this almost round like
cover over the tweeter to protect it.  The tweater
itself and all parts concerned are flush with the rim
of the outer speaker.  Pulling off this middle cover
would make that possible, and since it will be under
the dash, the concern about damaging it is limited.

The only consideration is this!!!  When removing the
cover, come of the glue/rubber cement used to connect
the cover was partially on the coil for the tweeter
for both speakers.  Because of this the covers should
be removed with a degree of care.

As for the back speakers, I didnt do them.  I think
tyey are a crappy size in a crappy location.  I always
believed it better to either install two nice round
speakers in the back wall of the passanger compartment
or put in a removable box that compliments the back
area, perhaps with an amp in it.

Jordan