Re: [DMCForum] Re: 24valve 3.0 PRV

Christophe Vieira wrote:

> I have to check but I'm not sure that the R30 and the
> DeLorean have the same lower crankcase. I'm sure about the A310.

Well, I'm 100% certain the crank case in the D is the same as the R30 -
I know this because our engine guy is building me a DeLorean engine, and
he himself is an R30 owner.... (and I had to supply him a crank case for
his 30 engine!) I know the Atmo has the same crank case as the 25 turbo
as I have a Z7U engine and my friend from renaultalpine.co.uk is getting
the crank case off my Z7U to put on his 24v engine so it'll fit in his Atmo!

> There are several engines for Venturi, the one you speak about is
> the one installed in the Venturi 400 Trophy or GT and its gearbox is
> a Hewland.

Ah -this is where your knowledge goes waaay ahead of mine. I read an
article on the current model but that's it :-)

> I know some persons in the Venturi community and I've ask
> for the price for a complete 400 Trophy/GT engine and it's about
> $20.000 without installation and tuning but you get 408hp& ;o)
> In the Venturi, the gearbox is behind the engine, it's the contrary
> of the DeLorean.

The best choice as far as I can see is a V8 twin turbo from an Esprit,
which I've been told will definitely fit (by a new DeLorean owner who
has owned several Esprits in the past). That's 350hp out the box but
capable of more, AND uses the UN1.

> In the XM/605 then engine is installed transversely and in the
> Renault Espace, it is longitudinally.

Are you sure? The Espace V6 is famous for having to drop the engine to
change the "back row" of spark plugs. Maybe the later 60 degree V6 is
transverse?

> The gearbox of the XM and 605
> are almost the same.

Well, Peugeot and Citroen are basically the same company!

> Personally, I do not advice you to use the
> engine of the twin turbo Renault Safrane, its city consumption is
> very high, about 27 liters per 100 km and it is a 12v engine.

Can you confirm if it's sequential twin turbo? Th epipework woul
dsuggest it is, but 've never seen one!

Martin

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM