   Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:20:42 -0000
   From: "Christophe Vieira" <88mph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 24valve 3.0 PRV

Hello Martin and All,

Oops, I have not written clearly, I wanted to say that 24v PRV
installation is possible in the DeLorean as some people here have
already put this engine in an Alpine A310, car which has the same
setup as the DeLorean. Sure, the A310 and also the A610 didn't have
a 24v PRV. I have to check but I'm not sure that the R30 and the
DeLorean have the same lower crankcase. I'm sure about the A310.

There are several engines for Venturi, the one you speak about is
the one installed in the Venturi 400 Trophy or GT and its gearbox is
a Hewland. I know some persons in the Venturi community and I've ask
for the price for a complete 400 Trophy/GT engine  and it's about
$20.000 without installation and tuning but you get 408hp? ;o)
In the Venturi, the gearbox is behind the engine, it's the contrary
of the DeLorean.

In the XM/605 then engine is installed transversely and in the
Renault Espace, it is longitudinally. The gearbox of the XM and 605
are almost the same. Personally, I do not advice you to use the
engine of the twin turbo Renault Safrane, its city consumption is
very high, about 27 liters per 100 km and it is a 12v engine.

Best regards from France,

Chris

click here