UPDATE [DMCForum] Re: brake upgrades.

For everyone that is interested I have posted some pictures under 2767
picts of the Porsche 951 rotors and calipers I am putting on my car.
Unfortunately my carpel tunnel is acting up and I can;t machine the last
adapter I need to get everything mounted.  Everything will fit in the
stock wheel with stock offset execpt for the dust shield.  Once it;s
mounted I will probably have to add an aftermarket proporting valve to
prevent the little wheels from locking with almost 2x the braking surface

Andrei

Elvis Nocita wrote:

>John, I have been on the Nürburgring twice with that car.
>Once with original brakes and once with the ventilated larger
>rotors and the larger calipers of a Ford Taunus.
>
>What do you wanna hear ?
>Brakes and suspension suck big time !
>I don't know if all the cars are like this, but most of the other
>owners on the track didn't push the gas like I did.
>
>My old Opel Kadett, lowered with KONI shocks handled much better,
>I guess because it didn't have a rear mounted engine where you always
>have to worry to end like a dart - heavier side first....
>

>Elvis & 6548
>

>John Dore wrote:
>

>>So I take it everyone is pretty happy with their brakes then?!!!!
>>I've emailed Steve of projectdelorean.com to see if he might have any
>>suggestions on which wilwood rotors and calipers would fit behind the
>>stock wheels, hopefully he'll write back when he gets a chance.
>>
>>Does anyone ever take their car on a track?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>John
>>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

click here