RE: [DMCForum] Re: Right from Wrong.

Socrates not exist? And neither did Jesus? Or Shakespeare? Lots of
people have said such things. A character I know would have said
"Loose thinking." No one knew that Vivaldi existed until some
manuscripts were discovered long after his death, and then suddenly a
lot of research was done, and now we have a lot of music by the guy,
church records, correspondence, the lot. If he had lived long enough
ago, though, we'd have very little proof that he ever existed.

I do find it interesting that people try to claim something or someone
doesn't exist isn't just because there's only one source of
information. The further back you go in history, the harder it is to
prove that someone or something existed. Of course it's all a matter
of choice, really, and how much one takes another's word for
something.

Who knows, even I may not exist... Andrei and Louie could have
invented this radio guy down in New Orleans just to mess with y'all's
heads. ;) Has anyone else ever -seen- this Farrar Hudkins character?
Heh heh heh... Maybe I'll invent a girlfriend for myself and start
telling wonderful stories here on the Internet!

Speaking of girls, just tonight a rather attractive member of the cast
was reading a book on ethics by Aristotle, who I believe was taught by
Plato, who was taught by Socrates -- or was he? The thing is, good
ideas last, no matter who thought them up... and if Plato decided to
be humble and credit much of his thought to a fictional character,
then perhaps he was more creative and humble than I thought. Like old
music by Vivaldi (or not -- some manuscripts have been disputed as
with many once-obscure composers), philosophy, whoever wrote it,
survives.

And I'm sure a millenium or two ago, they could have been accused of
loose thinking as well. ;)

No more coffee for me. It's bedtime. Good night. :)

--Farrar