From: Mike [mailto:mcquinlan@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 11:21 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Paying for college

You obviously haven't been sewing machine shopping lately.  :)
Some of the consumer embroidery machines and the software suite to
run them will easily approach $10,000.

P.S.  I agree.  My wife and I inform each other just out of
respect.  I can't think of a time when either of us has said "No" to
the other.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jack Stiefel" <jackstiefel@xxxx>
wrote:
> Yeah that partnership is overrated huh?  I mean why ask and
discuss major
> purchases with your spouse?  What business is it of theirs?  Oh
wait, maybe
> because they are your partner.  Would you go into business with
someone and
> go out and buy all sorts of stuff for the office without talking
it over
> with them?  If you can afford it, a give spouse won't have issues,
but what
> if you are the type to get further into debt for your whimsical
hobbies
> (plus a sewing machine isn't 10K plus purchase)?
>
> Again generalizations don't work, but whatever floats your boat
buddy, I for
> one respect the sanctity of marriage and its partnership too much.
>
> Jack Stiefel
> www.fmtimemachine.com
> Direct listen link: www.live365.com/stations/radiocape

When
> do I get a ride?"
>
> When I bought our big screen TV, I just did it. Same with the
parts to
> begin building my hovercraft. Same with everything else I've ever
> bought. And every time, she said, "Cool!"
>
> I know what you're thinking: "What an ass. An overbearing husband.
He
> must really 'keep his wife down'". In response to which I'd let you
> talk to my wife, who would tell you exactly how wrong you are in
> precise detail.
>
> Oh, by the way, this goes both ways. When my wife wanted a new
sewing
> machine a couple of months back, she didn't ask my permission,
either.
> Why should she? I don't care if she wants to sew. It's her hobby,
she
> should persue it and enjoy herself. So long as we aren't spending
> money we don't have, it's simply not an issue. No matter what it
is,
> if I want to do it my wife supports me every time, and vice versa.
> wouldn't have it any other way.
>
> So I say to you: Don't marry ANYONE who ever questions your
dreams. If
> your potential wife would give you shit because you randomly
decided
> you'd like to buy an ultralight, or go skydiving, or climb Mount
> Everest, don't marry her. She's not worth your time.
>
> Sorry for the rant. Too many men put up with too much shit,
> sacrificing all of their dreams for a controlling wife that, a few
> years down the road, they don't even like anymore. And honestly,
who
> can blame them? A man should be able to go out and slay a dragon
any
> damn time he pleases, and his wife, if she doesn't come along for
the
> adventure, should at least have the decency to say, "Have fun, I'll
> see you when you return!"
>
> -Ryan
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

click here