[DMCForum] Marriage (was: Re: Paying for college)

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@xxxx> wrote:
> Ryan, I agree with this concept. I was thinking mostly of the "We
> can't afford that" excuse common to middle-class families.

See, and that's a real concern. If you can't afford it, then you
shouldn't be doing it. But I see a lot of high maintenace women
telling their husbands what they can and can't afford, while they
spend and spend. A friend of mine just bought his first house after
living in an apartment for ages and was told "we can't afford a
lawnmower", and that he'd have to borrow one every week to mow his
lawn. Not a week later a delivery truck showed up with a brand new
washer and dryer that his wife had ordered. He was pissed, but since
his wife wears the pants in the family there wasn't anything he could
do other than sit and stew.

I wouldn't stay married to a woman like that. Well, I wouldn't have
married her in the first place...

> Oh, and also things like buying a masive stereo system for the
> livingroom, which the wife will yell and scream about because the
> speaker cabinets are way too big and don't match the upholstery and
> curtains. LOL

What, like these big suckers? : http://www.ryanwright.com/ht/image1.jpg
(You can see one of 'em on the right)

I've had my eye on an SV Subwoofer for awhile. Check these babies out:
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pcplus.htm

Look at the picture. I think the big one is about 5 feet tall. Now,
granted, my wife would probably roll her eyes at me, but she wouldn't
give me any crap because she knows this kind of stuff makes me happy.
And let me tell you, a happy husband is a good husband. I'd do
anything for this woman because she doesn't fight who I am. And no,
the big speakers and subwoofer don't fit in with her decorating
scheme, but she figures that's a small price to pay to have a husband
who can't wait to come home to her at night, as opposed to some people
I know who will work or stay out all night just to avoid their wives
and children. When you're forced forced to live in a dollhouse and
never buy any new toys, hey, I can't exactly blame you for not wanting
to go home.

Anyway, I think I'm preaching to the choir here. Anyone who owns a
DeLorean is either single or has a spouse who respects you enough to
let you enjoy your life. Either that or you finally got to the point
where you just don't care what she says anymore and you're going to do
it anyway (I know some men like this, too, and good for them for
finally standing up for themselves).

-Ryan

click here