[DMCForum] Re: Mt Dora ,FL * ELECTROPLATED* delorean?

[DMCForum] Re: Mt Dora ,FL * ELECTROPLATED* delorean?

Michael (I assume ... see below) - Quite some time ago, a member on
the other list ran across a website for a casket company (yes,
that's what I said) that offers stainless steel caskets in many
decorator colors.  This guy said that the photos showed colored
stainless with very evident graining still visible.  Presumably, if
one can apply transparent color to a casket, one should be able to
do the same thing for stainless body panels.  I'll dig around and
see if I can find the post.  Perhaps the owner of the car in Mt.
Dora saw the same post, and decided to do something about it?

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick@xxxx>
wrote:
> I just ran into a guy at a local show here in Orlando and he told
me  that he lives in the Mt Dora area nd has seen and talked to a
guy there who owns a bright blue delorean and the owner claims that
it has been electroplated that color.  I asked if it was simply
painted and he said no that it looked like bright blue stainless
with all of the graining.

> ANYONE know who this delorean belongs too?  First I have heard of
it (like that means anything  =P )  Sounds kinda interesting

> Mihcael
> VIN #02944

click here