[DMCForum] Re: ARMOR ALL was: controling mold in interior

[DMCForum] Re: ARMOR ALL was: controling mold in interior

LOL.....Fixed the message line at least.  Was a late night getting
ready for a direct hit from Hurricane Jeanne.  Damn my 2 finger
typing... =P

Michael Q

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Farrar Russell Carroll Hudkins"
<fhudkins@xxxx> wrote:
> But be sure at the store to ask for ARMOR-ALL.

> Amor-All sounds like a love potion.

> --Farrar
>
> ________________________________

All
> Amor-All products are fine now and are water based WITH THE
EXCEPTION
> of the UlytraMegaGhettoShine Amor-All.
>
> Amor-All and all PDMS Vinyl protectants are the BEST to use on BOTH
> LEATHER & VINYL.  Most people want to condition leather with all of
> the oil based products.  In reality, if the leather is in good shape
> to begin with, Vinyl protectants work the best.  Most leather seats
> are what is called "clear coated" which are polymer based coatings
> (with the exception of super $$$ cars..i.e. Bently, Rolls Royce, and
> the Hyper Exotics...although 1996 Jaguars are not clear coated
> either.)  You can test automotive leather to see clear coating
> (basically painted leather) buy spraying a small amount of window
> cleaner on a rag and rubbing it into/onto a CLEAN SEAT.  Clear
coated
> leather will ALWAYS come back with no color...just like the leather
> in the delorean (I tested my one original seat and just got a little
> brown dirt off that was embedded into the seat but no black color).
> Non clear coated leather will come back with the color for the
> leather on the rag. The vinyl protectant does not destroy this clear
> coated finish.  The leather conditioners that contain oil actually
> destroy the clear coat polymers and cause the seats to crack and
> wear.  Initially they feel softer, but so does rubber pickup hose in
> the fuel tank after it has been broken down by bad gas compared to a
> new pickup hose.
>
> The down side in the Delorean is the windows get cloudy easier when
> any PDMS dressing is udsed because it is waterbased and exaporates.
>
> Michael
> VIN #02944
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Any pics of the mold covered interior? I'm a genuine Armor-All
> > freak, especially with vinyl interiors, I go through 2 gallons in
> > the summer conditioning everything on my vehicles to soft
> > and "newish" It's always weird how I read how everyone hates
Armor-