Re: [DMCForum] controling mold in interior

Re: [DMCForum] controling mold in interior

Mold seems to grow worse on things that accumulate body oil.
For example, the drivers seat belt is totally covered, but
the passenger seat belt is mostly unaffected.  I tend to
drive alot sans shirt, so that probably doesn't help.  I
have learned my lesson not to use Armorall type products on
vinyl.  The most I use on my vinyl is Windex.  For the
leather I have used only Lexol.

This time I have mold growing on the dash but not the
binnacle.  Mold is all over the steering wheel and on the
leather seats.  I have wool seat covers on now, but I peeked
underneath and see that mold is growing all over the seats
under the covers.  So I'm going to take the seats out to
clean them.  I would never choose to cover any part of my
interior with real leather.  Dead animal products around
here just seem to rot apart.

http://www.ohmdenki.com/English/cooling-e/boxdry/

The above link looks like a great product, but I dont see
how to order it from their site.  I want to find some small
dehumidifier that will work well inside of a car's interior.
I would rather not use desiccants.  I have used plenty of
that in DeLoreans before, but the humidity seems to collect
faster than desiccants can remove.  I even spread the
granulated stuff out on trays on the seats, and that is not
enough.  At best maybe it helps some and at worse I knock
the trays over spilling the liquefied granules.  (Damp-rid).

The irony is that I can leave a DeLorean parked out in the
weather & have rain water leak all over the floors, and that
doesn't grow mold.  Apparently my garage is just too cool
and damp.

Walt

click here