[DMCForum] Re: Battery?

Greg,

There should be a little rubber "L" shape pipe piece that is used
for a vent. The rubber should deflect any water directly from
entering the car. But yours is an early car, so it might have not
had the rubber piece. Without it you'll just have a hole. But there
is a vent, and for most cars with batteries in the passenger
compartment, there should be a vent. My Aurora has the battery under
the rear seat on the passenger side, and it even has a little vent
similar to the Delorean.

Joe

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Is your vent for the battery compartment open to outside air?  I
didn't even
> know it was there, but then again after taking my car apart this
far I am
> finding lots of things I didn't know were there.  I would bet
people are
> running around with several pounds of dirt, leaves, and other
trash between
> the stainless panels and underbody.
>
> Look on the vertical back wall of your battery compartment and
there should
> be a hole there.  I am not sure if it is supposed to have a hose
or anything
> on it though.  I am sure someone on here knows.
>
> Greg

click here