[DMCForum] Pentagon Update -- Landmarks Changed

[DMCForum] Pentagon Update -- Landmarks Changed

Some of the landmarks in my earlier post are no longer valid:

Just got off the phone with my fire department buddy. Apparently the
Army has been very busy at the Pentagon over the past year or so.
Architects have done more to the building than Osama Bin Laden's
wildest imagination:
- Humongous North Parking Lot is gone. Route 110 has been re-routed
through it. Heliport and fire department have been moved to where 110
used to be.
- Hill that used to slope DOWN from Washington Boulevard now has a
five story earthen embankment rising ABOVE it. This will prevent any
other airplanes from crashing into that face of the Pentagon.
Hopefully the terrorists won't notice that the 4 remaining sides have
no such embankments and simply fly in from another direction.
- Mall entrance has been replaced with a giant parking deck/shipping &
receiving area. This is a shame because that was the only side of the
Pentagon that was landscaped. I used to watch July 4 firworks from
there. - A labyrinth of concrete barriers thwarts truck bombers from
getting anywhere near the building. Unfortunately they also thwart
fire trucks from getting anywhere near the building.

Fort Myer fire department is now ostensibly the first responder for
the Pentagon, but in actual practice service is still provided by
Arlington County because the first thing Fort Myer does is call in
mutual aid.

In addition to airplane parts, my buddy gathered human remains. Most
were reduced to very small barely recognizable pieces, but feet
remained intact because of protection from the shoes. There were
hundreds of shoes -- far more people than could fit on an F-16 (French
conspiracy theory).

Bill Robertson

click here