From: Walter Coe [mailto:Whalt@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 3:24 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Cigarette Lighter Revisted

The only adaptor I have seen was a thin plastic sleeve that
fits over the plug to make it a little thicker.  It came as
part of a cell phone charger.  It made the connection a
little more snug, but corroded zinc makes for a lousy
connection anyway.

If I was serious about powering something thru a cigar
lighter, I would wire in a new one.  I would have it on the
end of a cable that would exit under the center console and
hide it between the console & the seat.  That way it
wouldn't need to be mounted to anything or need to make any
new holes.  It could be plug & play & totally reversible.
(And it would be a good idea to include an extra inline fuse
at something lower than 20A since it doesn't need to be that
high.)

Walt    Tampa, Florida

click here