[DMCForum] Cooling Fan Issue

Eric Itzel <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> queried:

<snip> How do I bleed the air out of the radiator?

The easy way would be to have some of the "believers"
pray that God will do it for you.  Thus, when it
works, you might then become a "believer".
Alternatively, you could ask Farrar to sacrifice an
additional small goat such that the triple headed sow
will do it for you.

But, seriously, your auto-bleed feature should take
care of bleeding the air out of the system for you.
Try parking the car with the front end noticeably
lower (downhill) from the engine compartment and, with
the engine running, see if the bleed system is
actually returning coolant to the expansion tank
without spitting air.  Air should navigate to the
highest point which is why I say park the car "nose
down".  When I have bled my system, I used a cooling
system pressure tester to pressurize the system while
cool, without the engine running, to avoid potentially
scalding myself.  Worked for me.

If the coolant system appears to have no air bleeding
out, perhaps the cooling fans control switch in the
coolant return pipe is defective.

Mike Hirko