[DMCForum] something's wrong...help!

Hi,
I have never posted to this group, but have been receiving the
emails for quite awhile.  I drive #6538 ('81, gray, manual), in near-
perfect condition.  Recently, I took the car on a 130 mile trip.
When I arrived at my destination and turned off the car, everything
shut down electrically except the engine!  I even pulled out the
keys, and the engine was still running.  Thinking quickly, I opened
the fuse box and pulled out the fuel pump fuse, which of course shut
down the engine.  When I put the fuse back in, the fuel pump turned
on again.  So I guess turning off the keys turned off everything but
the fuel pump.  To fix the problem, I disconnected a battery cable,
waited 5 minutes, and reconnected it.  This fixed everything.  Of
course, when I drove the 130 back home, the problem happened again.

It seems to only happen when I drive a considerable distance, as
running to the store does not cause this problem.

What's it sound like??  Anyone's advice is appreciated!

click here