Re: [DMCForum] [OT] Mitsu/Chrysler engines

Re: [DMCForum] [OT] Mitsu/Chrysler engines

I did a little informal research on it today, and from what I could
tell, it's primarily the 3.0L Mitsu V6 (and possibly also the 4-cyl.
Chrysler 2.5L) used in the Mopar minivans that has/have smoking
problems, due to failing piston rings and seals, allowing oil leaks into
the combustion chamber, causing the smoking.

- Jon

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 17:16, Farrar Hudkins wrote:
> Oh, the engines themselves will run forever. My family has driven
> nothing but Chryslers for two generations (my siblings and I broke that
> trend, ha ha). I also knew a guy who went through two trannies before
> getting rid of his '91 Caravan. (With 200,000 miles on the clock!) I am
> just curious why they seem to smoke so much.
>
> --Farrar
>
> jonheese wrote:
> > I should mention that I've seen plenty of thos Mopar minivans smoking
> > around town.  I guess I just wanted to throw in the data point that
> > not all of the Mitsu/Chrysler engines are junk.
> >
> >  - Jon

click here