[DMCForum] [OT] Mitsu/Chrysler engines, was Re: I did something cool...

[DMCForum] [OT] Mitsu/Chrysler engines, was Re: I did something cool... ???

Woops.

http://www.americauto.ru/content.files/enginehistory.htm

I guess the reason why my parents' Caravan engine wasn't crap might
have been because it wasn't Mitsu-designed, but rather Mopar...

- Jon

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jonheese" <heese@xxxx> wrote:
> I should mention that I've seen plenty of thos Mopar minivans smoking
> around town.  I guess I just wanted to throw in the data point that
> not all of the Mitsu/Chrysler engines are junk.
>
>  - Jon
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jon Heese <heese@xxxx> wrote:
> > My parents had a 93 Grand Caravan with the 3.3L V6 that ran strong and
> > clean (right through two transmissions) until they decided to
donate it
> > for a tax deduction last year.  It spent its last 3 or 4 years as a
> > beater work-horse for my dad.  Of course after 5 years the AC gave him
> > constant problems and the AT sucked big ones on durability.  I should
> > also mention that my dad is a mechanic by trade, but as far as I know,
> > he never had to do anything but regular maintenance to the engine
> > itself...
> >
> >  - Jon

click here