alt fuel vehicals WAS: Re: [DMCForum] Re: The economy sucks.

alt fuel vehicals WAS: Re: [DMCForum] Re: The economy sucks.

Hey Andrei,

Glad to see you're still alive down there. I did not know that about
the hybrids. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'd forgotton all about bio diesel. I read about a local woman with a
new VW who was buying used veggie oil from a local chinese restaraunt
to burn for fuel.

Definitely a viable option. Also it's only one system which I like.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrei Cular <andreic@xxxx> wrote:
> Rich
>
> A friend of mine was looking in to the hybrid cars and determined
if you
> do highway driving as part of your commute the savings goes away
> quickly.  Unlike conventionally powered cars the hybrids gets th
best
> efficiency in stop and go city traffic.
>
> For his 100+ mile/day commute he went with a diesel jetta and loves
it.
> And with diesel you can make your own bio or buy bio-diesel at a
limited
> number of places.  for a nice little quick cost comparison take a
look
> at http://www.thedieselstop.com/downloads/mileage.xls
>
> Andrei

click here