[DMCForum] Re: Paying for college

Greg,

I took some classes at a local community college on someone else's
dime. I passed some of them - sort of. I think I left there with a 2.0
average.

When I got around to finishing my Bachelor's degree, I graduated with
a 3.75. It makes a big difference when your own money is on the line.

(Full disclosure: I was reimbursed for my education by my employer,
but had I slacked off in any way they wouldn't have done so. While I
didn't actually lay out the money, my money was on the line the entire
time, and technically I "paid for my own" education by working my rear
end off for years and getting into a position where such luxuries were
made available to me. I certainly didn't ask my parents to sell their
boat or remortgage their house to pay for my education.)

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> I absolutely agree.  It makes a huge difference in how you think about
> spending money and paying for school when you have to do it
yourself.  My
> father helped me a little but I pretty much paid for school on my own.
>
> Greg

click here