[DMCForum] Would like to do something else cool.

[DMCForum] Would like to do something else cool.

<SNIP>
> What gear box are you going with?  It would seem to
> be a lot cheaper and
> easier to have an adapter plate made than a complete
> bell housing, unless
> the gear box doesn't have an integrated bell
> housing.

I am sticking with the stock gearbox.  I felt it would
reduce the number of variables in the project.
Although there was enough depth for an adapter plate,
there was no way to mount the starter in the trans
based on the layout of the engine.

In retrospect, I maybe should have spent the extra
money and used a Porsche trans...  mostly because it
is taking too long to get this bell housing done.

<SNIP>

> Give them a call and see what they are willing to
> do.  Maybe they have
> something in process that isn't on the site yet.
> There has to be someone
> out there who converted their Prowler to a standard
> like the car should have
> had to begin with, or someone doing a street rod
> using that engine.

There is a company that has a prowler to Porsche
adapter.  At thins point, I have a significant
investment in to the custom bell housing.  Even if I
consider that money a loss, I would still be better
off with the ready-made Porsche adapter.

Not to mention, I am unemployed (and one car down
now), so don't have the extra cash to make another
significant investment in the project.

> I just found a picture of the 3.5 and it looks like
> it would be way to tall
> to sit in the De Lorean.
> http://www.allpar.com/mopar/new6.html

I already test-fit the engine in the DMC.  Looks like
it will fit just fine.

> Maybe you need to consider a new power plant :)

Any suggestions??

I chose this engine based on:

1: It is V6, easier to fit than a V8.
2: It is normally aspirated. (No complexity of forced
induction)
3: It is all aluminum, light.
4: It has the highest power output of any of the
modern V6 engines (again, normally aspirated).
5. It is mounted in the car Longitudinal, so it is
easier to mount in the DMC.
6. Plenty of them available for little money in local
junkyards.