Re: [DMCForum] Dan Plakosh has joined the BOBOT

Re: [DMCForum] Dan Plakosh has joined the BOBOT

> Welcome to the BOBOT

Yeah, you wouldn't believe the tools we went thru to get the
orifice out of one of Mike's evaporators.  First we started
with the specialty tool that NAPA makes.  (yeah, right)  The
plastic screen snapped off.  So then I used the other tool
in the kit -- sort of an easy-out looking extractor.  It was
new out of the box except Samuel used it approximately one
time.  He must be alot stronger than he looks because that
extractor was used up.

Next we drill out the brass tube.  With it out of the way,
we tried a crochet hook.  Mike's daughter did not
necessarily approve of this use of her favorite purple (or
was it blue?) crochet hook.  She was in tears.  Anyway, I
asked Mike for a cork screw -- you know, the cheapy ones for
a few quid [sic] in the grocery store.  What he had was this
huge thing with gears & handles, etc.  We screwed that
sucker in there, turned the lever, and pop goes with weasel
or whatever.

Another one we got out involved filling the evaporator with
liquid refrigerant, holding my thumb over the other end.  As
the liquid boiled (and as I held on very tight) the pressure
built up and blew that sucker out of there.

It was cool.

Yeah.

BTW, who is Dan Plakosh?

Walt    Tampa, Florida