[DMCForum] Re: color-blindness??

iznodmad wrote "The same thing goes for motion, there is no such
thing as motion, our brains create motion."

Stick with eyes since you obviously paid no attention in physics
class.  My proof that motion does exist.  Go stand in the street and
tell me what that truck is doing.  If it isn't in motion, then it
won't hit you right?  Physics 099, Logic 101, Intensive care 1000

motion doesn't exist......that's a really good one doc.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "iznodmad" <DeLorean5000@xxxx>
wrote:
> Another lurker pulled out of the darkness.  Sorry guys, but I
can't
> let this one pass without my input.  You see, by simply using the
> term "color-blindness", you clearly have no idea what you are
> talking about.  If you really want to talk about it, you must use
> the term color deficiency.  No one is "color blind".  Even those
> that are red, green, yellow, or blue deficient (most common forms)
> still perceive those colors, they just don't perceive them the
same
> as a person who sees the colors "normally".  And to tell you the
> truth, there is no such thing as colors, the brain simply
> adds, "color" to the way our photoreceptors pick up wavelengths of
> about 400-800 nm.  The same thing goes for motion, there is no
such
> thing as motion, our brains create motion.  And for those of you
> that are wondering, "Who the hell is this guy and why does he care
> about this?"  Let me just tell you that I have been in the eye
> business for about 7 years and am currently in my second year of
> optometry school, so I am more than qualified to be talking about
> color vision.  To fully educate you all on color vision would take
> more typing than I am willing to do, I just hate to see mis-
> information come across this forum about an area under which I am
> the expert.  I read threads on this forum all the time about
various
> subjects and read the expert opinions on those subjects.  I am
just
> asking the same from all of you about this subject which I know
> about.  Thanks for your time.
>
> Oh, and by the way, there was a young man @ PF I was talking to on
> Sunday that is also interested in optometry school.  I think it
was
> Jerimiah (sp) #3299.  If you are still interested in talking more
> about the profession, give me a shout.
>
> Regards,
> Darren Decker

click here