[DMCForum] Re: Vacuum questions

Thanks Martin and Dave,

Even though the charcoal canister isn't tied to any of this, it does
use vacuum and could be the source of a vacuum leak correct?
I will check the operation of the check valve and clean my mode
switch.

The 3 port vacuum switch is brand-new. I replaced all sensors and
switches in the "Y" pipe when I did the head gasket job because I
never wanted to see the valley again. I also took great care to put
the vacuum lines on correctly for the same reason.

Thanks for the info.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski - DMUK
<martin@xxxx> wrote:

> That's probably the mode switch needing a clean.
>
> Last one goes to CPR.
>
> CPR gets vacuum when cold, distributor gets it when hot. CPR
enriches
> under accelleration when cold, for approx 4 seconds due to the
delay
> valve. Light throttle advance is desirable only when engine is hot
(for
> emissions).
>
> > How does the charcoal evaporative cannister fit into all this?
>
> It doesn't. Sperate source of vacuum (bill's favourite).
>
> Martin

click here