From: iznodmad [mailto:DeLorean5000@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 9:33 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] kind and gentle perspective on color, errr sarcasm

Martin, you hit the nail on the head with your posting on someone's
way of life.  Nobody's job or expertice should be taken lightly,
just like any disablility should not be taken lightly, especially
your keratoconus, which is a very serious eye condition.  How often
do we, the DeLorean community, get our feathers ruffled over mis-
information about our cars?  My response on color vision was no
different.  Farrar, since hindsight is 20/20 (pun intended!),
perhaps my choice of words which was in general and not directed
directly at you about "not knowing what you are talking about" was
an invitation to badger me as the most recent fucktard.  I didn't
mean it as a form of malice, though it may have read as such, just
my way of keeping with the forum way of sarcasm.  I do love sarcasm
by the way.  It is my personal perspective that sarcasm and the such
should be shared with those of whom you know well, which is not the
case with you and I.  My sarcasm was generalized, yours was directed
at me.  I never said I didn't like you, and for the most part I did
think the post was rather funny.  However, it was taken a bit too
far and was a bit insulting towards my profession and my passion for
it.  That from my perspective is uncool.  Feel free to rain down on
the sarcasm, just be a little more selective in how and towards whom
you use it, e.g. the lurker who came out.  I think it is about time
I go back to lurking.

Darren

click here