[DMCForum] Setting HC / CO with a Gas Analyzer?

[DMCForum] Setting HC / CO with a Gas Analyzer?

Hi All,

Just wanted to see what all anyone has to say about setting the CO with an
analyzer.  We'll be doing several tomorrow at the Pittsburgh tech session
(possibly over 18 cars attending -- WOW!!!)

The book has you set CO to 1%, at 950 RPMs with the O2 sensor disconnected.
That is so that it sets CO in the middle of the range so the lambda system
can compensate a bit either way.

Assuming we do -not- disconnect the O2 sensor, and test at idle, what should
the proper setting for CO be?  Warren at DMC Houston said around 0.5 - 0.6%,
as running it down near 0% might be a bit lean.

Pennsylvania emissions has CO 1.2% and 200 ppm HC as limits for 1981, and I
imagine anything under 1% CO would be fine just about everywhere.  Any
suggestions on exactly where percantage-wise that the CO should be set?

Thanks!

-Dave Stragand
http://www.ProjectVixen.com
VIN #05927