Re: [DMCForum] Tail-light circuit boards - soldering ok?

Re: [DMCForum] Tail-light circuit boards - soldering ok?

I soldered the boards on my car with no problem.  Part of
the reason for the bad connection is that corrosion gets
between the metal surfaces. (The other problem is that the
rivets come loose.)  Using little nuts & screws to tighten
down on the corrosion is not the best fix.  I scraped &
sanded what I could and soldered short pieces of wire thru
the rivet holes connecting the rivets, sockets, & foil
traces on the board.  I haven't had any more problems.

But the last time I tried to solder a board, it didn't work
worth a crap.  But then the tip on my iron was going bad.  I
couldn't get solder to stick to the old solder(?) on the
traces.  I'm due to try again with a new iron.

Anyway, I see no point in buying new tail light boards if
you can solder the old ones just fine.

Walt

click here