[DMCForum] Re: More ignition analysis (ON TOPIC)

[DMCForum] Re: More ignition analysis (ON TOPIC)

These days your only hope may be to note the message number when you
post, then go back to it and follow the thread from there (bottom of
the screen). Yahoo index changes disorientingly quickly. Was going to
reply to Farrar/Flavia circa 13:30, but that message is already *4*
pages back. Besides, we're talking politics at the moment, not sex. I
guess sex is next week's topic.

Your coil input voltages match mine (Delo) -- ~8 volts at idle, rising
to ~10 at speed. Curiously, my Lincolns maintain ~10 volts throughout,
but that may be partly due to their lower overal RPM range.

Since you have everything needed to tune your engine manually, why not
disable every auxiliary system, then start adding them back one at a
time. When the problem shows back up, you'll know which system is
misbehaving.

I'm beginning to wonder if you might have a vacuum leak somewhere.
Vacuum leaks are an idle and part throttle problem, which matches your
RPM symptom range. Car can be driven without vacuum to the brake
booster during diagnosis (my 2,700 lbs AMC has no power assist).

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> I was concerned that this post might be lost among the debate.
>
> What is the MAX input voltage the coil should receive? In a DeLorean
> context please, no Lincolns or Mercuries. I'm not seeing it in the
> manual.
>
> When the engine is at idle and hot, I'm getting 8.5 volts now, and
> when revved -slightly- it makes up to 10.8 Vdc. If anyone here can
> tear themselves away from CSPAN or F/911 for ten friggin' minutes to
> take some comparison readings, or email me some electrical values,
> I'd be very grateful.
>
> Rich A.

click here