From: Marc Levy [mailto:malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 9:38 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FW: [DMCForum] A Parable

You need help with this debate Dave?  I think you were
doing a fine job on your own..

See Below.

I cut some stuff simply because it has either been
beat beyond death, or I am not interested in defending
Kerry.  Again, my discussion focuses on why Bush is
not fit to be president..  not why Kerry is (or is
not).

--- Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I sent Marc's response to my Parable post to a
> friend who simply couldn't
> believe it.  I just had to forward on his rebuttal
> to Marc's comments.
<SNIP>
> "You need to open up a newspaper if you think the
> punks "have not been heard
> from since"" ----  Did I miss a terrorist attack on
> American soil since
> 9/11?????

American soil??  why does it need to be on American
soil to be a valid terrorist attack?

<SNIP:
> "There are plenty of them out there, but they have
> no oil." ---- And if and
> when it is ever determined that they pose a threat
> to the United States, we
> will deal with them in similar fashion.  <SNIP>

What threat did Iraq pose to the united states?

> "How many more times do we have to try "Voodoo
> Economics" before you
> bbelievethat it does not work??" ---- How many times
> do we have to continue
> to prove it???  Economy is strong, 1.5 million jobs
> since last August and

1.5 million jobs??  A small fraction of what was lost.
and by the way, the LOST jobs paid quite a bit more
than the 1.5 that were created.

Sorry if I don't want to use my bachelors degree to
clean bed pans at a nursing home.

> tax cuts for EVERYONE!

Everyone, but not equally..  And at the cost of the
largest deficit EVER.

> Unemployment is down and
> continuing to fall!

Do you know how the unemployment numbers are compiled?
They are based on the number of people collecting
unemployment insurance..  So, when someone uses up
their 26 weeks even if they are still no working, they
are no longer counted as "unemployed".

Your unemployment numbers are inaccurate.  they do NOT
represent the number of people who are looking for
work but cannot find work, or had to take a $7 an hour
job to feed their family because the $75K a year jobs
all went to India.

>  No
> matter how loud you continue to scream about a poor
> economy, it doesn't make
> it true, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead!

My 18 months of unemployment is enough proof for me
that the economy is still in the toilet.

I'm not quite sure why you think the economy is good.
I just went to get some numbers of jobs lost in the
past 3 yrs VS jobs created, and found this site which
seems to tell a better story than I can:

http://www.jobwatch.org/

<SNIP>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129qr9p78/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr