[DMCForum] Re: I Stand Corrected ("Plastic" DeLoreans) (Ryan)

[DMCForum] Re: I Stand Corrected ("Plastic" DeLoreans) (Ryan)

The 4 banger is an "Iron Duke", commonly referred to as the "Iron
Puke". Worthless engine. Never buy a 4 cylinder Fiero.

You know, I'd responded to you twice on this topic, but apparently my
first didn't get posted to the list. I'll try to reconstruct what I'd
said:

Essentially, you're wrong about the body panels being all plastic. The
hood, roof section, and rear decklid are all fiberglass. Don't knock
the plastic panels - Fieros don't dent. I once slid off the road and
into a fence post at a low rate of speed in a Fiero. Left a big
indentation of the post in the front bumper. By the next morning, the
bumper looked brand new again - it just popped itself back out
overnight. A little touch-up paint and you couldn't tell anything had
ever happened.

As for body panels and impacts, http://www.ryanwright.com/fiero/85gt/.
Impact with a light pole head on at ~35mph. Accident was not my fault;
I was intentionally run off the road by some dick who does this (tries
to get people to rear-end him) for a living according to my insurance
agent. Dummy has pins in his back from the last one, but got a nice
settlement out of it, and I just happened to be his next victim.
Unfortunately for him, I hit a light pole instead. Totaled the car. I
walked away.

As for the sound it makes - it always seemed normal to me. Sounds like
any other small sports car with regular doors.

-Ryan

click here