[DMCForum] The Hands of Time

Dave Stragand once described the "project car spiral" to me. It's
where even sitting, the car is slowly destroyed by time if you are
overcome by financial or time difficulties and can't afford to
continually improve on it. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a competition
against the last 23 years, trying to reverse all that neglect and abuse.

Now I'm down to the little things, or maybe I should say cosmetic
things. The new seat covers and hog rings are in the mail. I just
bought some vinyl and contact cement for the binnacle. Today I
installed an improved Bosch coil, new stainless braided coil wire, new
oil pressure sensor, replaced that horrific oil pan drain plug with a
Hervey 17mm plug, and my A/C panel LED's arrived. My newly painted
fascia is installed. Bill gave me some cool allen-head mounting bolts
for the lower lip. I also bought some of those new arm-rest caps from
DMCH to keep the end-stitching from fraying.

I totally recommend the A/C panel LED's. 3 red for the warning
tell-tales, and 4 white for the panel. They give an awesome, crisp
look to your A/C panel and make no heat. You can get rid of that
stupid relay jumper that ties them to your instrument lights and run
the car the way it was designed because they use almost no power.

The link is superlumination.com if anyone wants it. They take paypal
and the shipping was fast. I'll post pics if anyone wants a sample.

Cheers,

Rich A.

click here