Re: [DMCForum] Re: Auxiliary Fuel Tank

Actually the reason for a lift pump + high pressure pump is when the
pump in the tank is higher up than the pressure regulator. Usually pumps
are outside the tanks, and inevitably at the top too. Lift pumps are
designed to provide good suction, rather than pressurising the output.
This explains why the D doesn't have a lift pump, and whines when the
tank gets low.

The Alpines, I discovered yesterday, have a 60 litre tank! (and sod all
boot space as a result!) but their tank is also flat-bottomed so they
get the same probs we do when the tank's getting low. Thus the auxiliary
tank feeding the high pressure pump was installed.

Installing a baffle directly under the pump in the DeLorean tank misses
the major point of the rather convoluted original system - it puts the
baffle in the centre of the tank!

Martin

>On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:39:49 -0000 "content22207"
><brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>K Jetronic equipped Volvo's use two pumps as well -- a "pre-pump" in
>>the tank and a "main pump" next to the accumulator. Don't think they
>>have an auxiliary tank, however.
>>
>>The bowls on my carburetor are essentially auxiliary fuel tanks. You
>>and I are going to have so much in common...
>>
>>Bill Robertson

click here