Re: [DMCForum] Seat cover questions for Martin:

Re: [DMCForum] Seat cover questions for Martin:

Hi Rich

I have not seen DMCH's new covers, but I've seen several NOS sets and
they don't compare to our new ones at all.

All though ours are reproductions, remember they are being made not only
by the same company to the original patterns, but by the same man who
actually designed them and trained the factory workers to fit them!

We can make both Full leather and leather faced covers. The reason the
originals had vinyl sides was to enable a smooth finish to the sides,
particularly around the base of the headrest. Leather simply isn't
stretchy enough, and vinyl has a built-in stretch in one direction and
eventually pulls smooth. (new covers always look a little ropey and need
time to bed in). At the moment, we've only had black covers made, and
I've had a set of leather faced skins in my car for over 2 years and
they're still the dog's bollocks.

(see http://www.english2american.com/dictionary/b.html#bollocks )

Standard air-mail takes less than a week typically - mail me off-list
for prices, but the way the exchange rate is at the moment, DMCH's may
well be cheaper. Oh, and ours come with backs as well.

Martin