vehicles. Is sometimes hard to remember now that I'm hurtling down the
highway inches from the pavement in a gigantic piece of plastic.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie G <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> The car seems happiest shifting at about 3-4k rpms. I however like
to wind the car up pretty hard when I drive it... so my shifts are
usually higher :-). I also cruise around at 2.5-3.5k rpms here in the
city... I like having the engine in this range in case I need to make
any cut and thrust moves. As we all know the DeLorean doesn't have
tremendous low end grunt, but rather power builds up with the rpms. So
I like to drive the car around in a medium range to be prepared for
the Lexus and Mercedes SUVs that will invariably try to squash me.
Bill Robertson picks on me for driving mine hard... but frazzles my
nerves going 90 in the interstates lol. -Louie

> --- "Brian" <TK581@xxxx> wrote:
> All right - here's somehting for all of you to either laugh at or
> argue over.  I've been driving around my DeLorean for several months
> now off and on and I admittingly don't think I have the hang of it
> totally.  I drive other 5 speed manuals just fine but it feels like
> everytime I drive the ol' DMC my style either changes or the car
> does. Hmmmm...  so my question is at what RPM do you change gears at
> (besides ngine sound and feel of course) and at what RPM do you
> cruise at most of the time in regular city driving.  I know this
> sounds like a question from a 15 year old but I just want to get the
> most out of my drving experience.
>
> thanks a bunch!! - Brian #11280

click here