Re: [DMCForum] Re: Kicking Martin's What? (With 200 HP)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Kicking Martin's What? (With 200 HP)

The ignition system on the ecotec leaves some room for improvement.
Remember that the GM race engine was running an MSD distributor.  Bill
could even run points on that engine if he wanted...

Andrei

Jim Strickland wrote:

>I heard that Lotus was involved in the design of GM's new(ish) ecotec
>line.  I haven't been a great fan of american power (lest it's pre-1970
>and ridiculously huge), but I think the ecotec was pretty well designed
>from what I've seen.  GM Racing built up some 8.45-second quarter mile
>1000-hp prototypes, and I was surprised how well the stock components
>help up as they pushed up the HP.
>
>The 2-liter engine was doing 350hp n/a with just afterstock pistons and
>rods.
>
>Jim

click here