Re: [DMCForum] Re: Kicking Martin's What? (With 200 HP)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Kicking Martin's What? (With 200 HP)

Hey, not arguing other stuff, but the lack of any move towards economy
has left american engines as a bit of a laughing stock everywhere else.

I've also been to Marshall Space Center and Johnson SC, but remember
also that we came up with Concorde (and I have read that some of your
guys think that was a bigger achievement - dunno about that tho'). I
love the whole moon mission saga and read every book I can find on the
subject.

Martin

cruznmd wrote:

> Without getting into the horsepower arguement, I would like to point
> out that I couldn't give a jackle's tackles what criticism Europeans
> have to offer about our automotive engineering, or any other form of
> engineering for that matter.
>
> Americans didn't invent automobiles but we made them practical so
> everyone could have one.
>
> I recommend looking at some of the buildings, bridges, highways,
> tunnels and monuments here for examples of civil engineering. Next, I
> recommend a tour of Kennedy Space Center in Florida for an example of
> our aeronautical engineering. I heard we sent men to the moon once.
>
> Oh, and last I checked, the HMS Talent, (our host submarine during
> mid-deployment refit) is burning one of our reactors for propulsion
> and your SSBN's carry our Trident D-5 nuclear missiles.
>
> I don't scorn the European approach to things. The 600+ year old
> church I visited will always be fresh in my memory. The "chunnel"
> across the English Channel will always astound me. Let's just agree
> that we have different approaches to the same problem and be friends
> shall we?
>
> Rich A.

click here