Re: [DMCForum] Re: Laws and responsibility

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Laws and responsibility

Try again...  At least down here in FL and up in NJ it is the
responsibility of the property owner to take all steps possible and
necessary to make the property safe.  If something is not economically
feasible you need proof that you at least looked into it.

In NJ my grandparents were sued cause some stupid kid jumped a 12'
fence, twisted his ankle and was then "attacked" by a husky.  It was
thrown out as soon as the judge saw the pics of the fence.  Then a VW
shop just outside of Tampa where I used to visit on a regular basis had
hundreds of cars in a field.  Some kids thought it would be fun to go
break some windows.  One got cut really bad, and Corky (the owner) had
to pay cause he didn't have anything to keep the kids out other than a
few signs.

Andrei

cruznmd wrote:

>It would be the responsibility of the trespasser who had no right
>being on your property in the first fraggin' place.
>
>Rich A.
>
>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doctorDHD@xxxx wrote:

>>What if you had a ten foot by twenty foot ditch in your yard that
>>

>was ten

>>feet deep with no fence and someone fell into it.  Who do you think
>>

>should be

>>responsible for that?
>>
>>D²
>>

>Yahoo! Groups Links