[DMCForum] Re: Laws and responsibility

Pool drowning gets a lot of media time in Florida and one thing that
always strikes me as strange is than no one ever gets prosecuted.

Even when it is a green trashy pool that has been abandoned in some
ones back yard that has no screen and is clearly breaking a law or
two. The parents are never charged with neglect.  The pool owner (if
not the parent) is never charged with keeping an unsafe pool.

If that same kid walked out the front door and got hit by a car, the
parent would go to jail.

Recently a 2 year old climbed out the window of a trailer here and
wandered out to a major highway where some one stopped and rescued
her.  The parent was arrested and the child taken away.  If she had
fallen in the pool the parent wouldn't have gotten in any trouble at
all.

In your scenario, I would sue the ditch manufacturer and be rich
beyond my wildest dreams.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@xxxx>
wrote:
> The person who was trespassing in my yard, of course.
>
> --F*
>
> doctorDHD@xxxx wrote:
> > What if you had a ten foot by twenty foot ditch in your yard
that was ten
> > feet deep with no fence and someone fell into it.  Who do you
think should be
> > responsible for that?
> >
> > D²

click here